Based in Bonn, Germany
July 7th, 2022 (Remastered)
iOS (Released Feb 19th 2019)
Android OS (Released Feb 19th 2019)
Wii U Edition (Released Nov 19th 2015)
Steam (Released Aug 15th 2016)
Xbox One (Released Feb 17th 2017)
PlayStation 4 (Released Feb 21st 2017)
Nintendo Switch (Released Feb 22nd 2018)
Typoman is a puzzle platformer with a literary twist. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: You can craft words to alter your environment. But choose your words wisely. They can either be a blessing... or a curse!
Typoman is a hybrid of a classic platformer and a new kind of word-puzzle game. Players can jump, run, climb up ledges, swing on ropes and pull levers. Interactive letters and words are scattered throughout the game levels. Players can pick up letters and form words, or change existing words, which will have an effect on the environment. Puzzles are solved by contextual thinking and the use of words. Creating words can either be accomplished by manually rearranging letters until they visually form a word, or by using the Wordscrambler feature utilizing a more efficient approach via drag and drop. If the word is valid, it will glow and show a sphere that signifies the range of it. If the word is out of range it will keep flickering until it is either decrafted or brought closer to the target object. For example: The word DOWN can lower a gate, the word ON will turn on a switch or activate a platform. Most of the effects can be reverted by pulling apart the letters and thereby destroying the word.
Brainseed Factory e.K. is an independent games studio based in Bonn, Germany. Our strength lies in the diverse background of our seasoned team members, who have a passion for playing, but also creating unique video games. With our debut title, Typoman, we managed to secure multiple awards and gain recognition at industry events worldwide.
- Wield the power of altering the world by creating, changing or destroying words
- Solve ingenious and challenging puzzles with a unique aesthetic mix of typography and pen and ink graphics
- Captivating, carefully drafted, on-the-fly told story using witty word puzzles and puns
- Surreal, atmospheric game world
- Distinct soundtrack specifically composed for the game
Typoman Remastered | Official Gameplay Trailer 2022 YouTube, .mp4
Typoman: Revised | Official Launch Trailer (Steam) YouTube, .mp4
Typoman: Revised | Official Launch Trailer (Steam) YouTube
Typoman E3 Trailer (Wii U Edition) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee for Best Visual Design, Best Puzzle Game" TIGA Games Industry Awards 2018, London
- "Featured at Indie Game Revolution" EMP Museum, Seattle
- "Beste Inszenierung (Best Scenery / Production)" German Video Game Awards 2016, Munich
- "Finalist Indie Prize 2016 Showcase" Casual Connect Europe 2016, Amsterdam
- "Best Casual Game" Game Connection Development Awards 2015, San Francisco
- "Nominee for Best Game, Best Indie Game, Best Sound, Best Game Design, Best Console Game" German Dev Awards 2015, Cologne
- "Winner Best Art Style" Gaming Trend's Best of E3 2015 Awards, Los Angeles
- "Winner Best of Quo Vadis 2015" Best of Quo Vadis Show, Berlin
- "Nominee Best Indie Game" gamescom award 2015, Cologne
- "Best Youth Game (High Educational Value)" Padi 2016, Munich
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Soundtrack on Bandcamp
Check out the Typoman Soundtrack crafted by SonicPicnic sonicpicnic.bandcamp.com.
Made with Unity
Interview with Matt from Unity madewith.unity.com.
About Brainseed Factory
We are an independent studio based in Bonn, Germany. We believe our strength lies in the diverse background of our experienced team members - who have a passion for playing, but also creating unique video games. With our debut title, Typoman, we managed to secure multiple awards and gain recognition at industry events worldwide.
More information on Brainseed Factory, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lead Programmer (Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
Project Manager, Game Artist
Music + SFX
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks